Our PE Vision
At Castle Bromwich Junior School, we believe that Physical Education and sport have a vital role to play in the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children. P.E. plays a central role in helping all children to be the best that they can be.
Our P.E. curriculum is designed to help children to work towards:
- improved fitness
- an understanding of the importance of exercise in a healthy lifestyle
- raised self-esteem
- a desire to improve and better their personal performance
- an ability to work within a team and develop leadership skills
- experiencing healthy competition; competing with determination; playing fairly; winning, losing and supporting with grace
- a lifelong enjoyment of sport and physical activity
P.E. also plays a central role in pupils developing the CBJS values of: Accepting, Aspiring and Adapting.
We will achieve this through:
- a high-quality curriculum including opportunities to develop in: dance, gymnastics, athletics, netball, hockey, tag rugby, tennis, cricket, swimming and outdoor and adventurous activities.
- offering and signposting pupils towards a range of extra-curricular opportunities both in school and through community links
- providing opportunities for all pupils to compete both individually and for their 'house' team through School Games Level 1 activity
- providing opportunities for pupils to represent CBJS at School Games Level 2 activities as well as other local competitions
- ensure that pupils have the chance to develop sports leadership skills through our Sports Council
- raising the activity levels of all pupils, particularly the least-physically active, through Change4Life clubs.
Hurst Lane North, Birmingham, West Midlands, B36 0HD